Thank you for your interest in
The Care Collective’s
Independent Contractor and
Practice Building Opportunity
Please review the following overview, outlining the opportunity, responsibilities, and requirements. If you would like to explore this opportunity further, please follow the instructions in the NEXT STEPS section.
We look forward to hearing from you.
LCSW & Founder
The Care Collective Team
The Care Collective (TCC) is a warm, welcoming, intentional, and inclusive community of therapists who thrive by collaborating and consulting with one another. We are an incubator for building mental health practices and related businesses. We work in the service of our clients by providing innovative treatment in the form of whole-person, client-centered therapy, and allied services in order to end trauma and facilitate growth, healing, and freedom.
ABOUT OUR INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR AND PRACTICE BUILDING OPPORTUNITY
The Care Collective is looking to grow our community of clinicians. Our goal is to empower and nuture a clinician looking to eventually own a private practice. We are seeking a licenced mental health care provider with a whole-person, heart-centered approach to life and therapy combined with an entrepreneurial spirit. This is a 2-year contract position during which time you will have the opportunity to transition from a contractor to a practice owner.
WHAT WE OFFER
A work environment in which you are seen, valued and challenged to move through your own growth edges.
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Equitable structure for fee sharing.
- The fee sharing structure is designed to create an equitable and reciprocal exchange between you and TCC. We want to ensure that the integrity of our relationship is maintained by being transparent about all financial matters.
- The fee sharing structure is as follows:
- Year 1: Fees will be shared 50% to the independent contractor/50% to TCC
- Year 2: Fees will be shared 65% to the independent contractor/35% to TCC.
- This position comes with the use of an office in TCC’s suite in downtown Clayton as well as access to a HIPAA compliant Telehealth video/Zoom line.
- The space was designed to create a sense of calm, equanimity and professionalism, in an environment where the energy, flow and cohesion of the space sets the tone for our work everyday.
- We recognize that during the COVID-19 pandemic we are all balancing our personal health needs with our family’s, clients, and client’s families needs. We honor, without question or judgement, your choice to work from home, conduct telehealth sessions from the office, or see clients in person in the office.
- TCC adheres to the highest standards set out by the Centers for Disease Control with regards to safety during in-office sessions. Conversations about in-office versus Telehealth sessions are on-going, fluid, and collaborative.
Guidance and mentoring in practice development
- We will help you discover what it means to develop a business from the inside out, and develop a practice that aligns with your own individual values.
- Learn how to design a business blueprint for growing a thriving, purpose-driven practice.
- Understand and evolve your money mindset to expand your capacity for financial success.
- Building your practice and connecting with clients is an exciting, dynamic and synergistic process. Clients who come through TCC will be referred to you based on your personal and professional capacity, general goodness of fit and long-term practice goals.
- TCC will provide guidance and mentorship to help you develop a holistic approach and long term strategy for building and maintaining a case load.
Clinical consultation, confronting biases and personal growth
- Who we are in the room as clinicians is a combination of our training, our life experiences, and our own identities. We are committed to helping you grow your clinical skills through training and case consultation. We believe that confronting our biases and committing to our own ongoing internal work is an essential part of being present, available and competent with clients and colleagues alike. We are committed to supporting you and being with you throughout this process and we are committed to doing our own work alongside you.
WHAT WE’RE SEEKING
- You value relationships and connection.
- You are able to have difficult conversations with clients, colleagues and supervisors. You are willing to participate in uncomfortable conversations that sometimes need to happen when there is a conflict or misunderstanding, an issue around safety arises or you are facing an ethical dilemma.
- You are committed to protecting yourself and your clients from burnout by engaging in regular self and community care and being willing to ask for help when needed .
- You can connect to the part of yourself that knows our community and the world need many talented clinicians and mental health practitioners. You are able to celebrate others’ successes and want to be part of a non-competitive community.
- You are committed to the principles of cultural humility and challenging power imbalances in your relationships.
- An open mind and a willingness to continue learning.
- An open heart and a desire to truly see others.
- A willingness to be curious, humble and self-reflective.
- A willingness to be fierce, confront your fears, and take risks.
- A masters degree, PsyD or PhD in social work, psychology, counseling, marriage and family therapy or similar and licensed to practice in the state of MO.
- Strong working knowledge of various models and perspectives in psychotherapy
- Must be willing to properly wear a face mask when in the office.
- Must have a sense of humor.
RESPONSIBILITIES & CONTRIBUTION
- Provide outpatient therapy in a private practice setting combining your unique voice and style with ethical and clinically sound interventions.
- Collaborate with other clinicians, family members, and related collaterals when necessary and appropriate for client care.
- Be present, ask questions and contribute your wisdom and perspective at case consultation and team meetings.
- Be able to maintain scheduling and documentation through on-line practice software (software and training will be provided).
We believe being a service-focused, healing professional can include finding fulfillment as a business owner—we believe therapists can experience financial success by owning their own practice.
- Spend some time reading TCC’s website.
- If TCC feels like your clinical home, please complete the application below. You will be asked some qualifying questions and encouraged to write a letter to TCC (which you can attach to your application as a PDF), about what you’re drawn to in the position what you feel connected to and aligned with in TCC’s mission and values, why you would like to be a part of the TCC community of therapists, what you can contribute to TCC. It is not necessary to submit a resume. Your words and experiences matter more to us than what we can garner from your resume.
- Additionally, if you would prefer to include a personal video responding to our inquiry questions, we welcome that. Please remember to include your video link and turn on public sharing, so that we’re able to view it.
- Your application will be treated with respect and kept confidential among TCC’s leadership team. If you are thinking about saying it, say it. We are going to invest a lot of time, energy and love in you so we want to know who you are!